Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Netsafe - Virtual Credit Card

For online transactions you just cannot do without credit cards. I realized this in last few months. I used to believe without credit card you can live happily if you stay in India. I was happy actually. I mean, I still am. But thats not the point.

Now I have to do this dumb payment online and there is no other option other than credit card. So at last I applied for one. But the procedure is gona take too long. I am sorta running out of time.

So while surfing i came across the funda of 'NETSAFE' by HDFC bank. There might be similar services from other banks which I am not aware of.

I wont go into details... kindly log on to hdfcbank.com and see the demo of 'netsafe' incase you are interested.

In short :-

If you have to do some online payment which requires credit card and you dont own one .. here is a (seems like) convenient way :-

1) Criteria - You should have a debt (ATM) card with adequate amount in your account.

2) You login to Netsafe and enter your ATM card details (ofcourse its on HDFC site)

3) Using the info you give, a VIRTUAL CREDIT CARD is generated with a proper number and code, which are required for online transaction.

4) Its valid just for one day after which it expires. I think the service is free.

I am sure many of us didn't know about this. This is an awesome funda i think.

~*~

1) Has anybody tried this (or similar thing) before?

2) Is there any maximum amount limit for transaction? The site doesn't mention it clearly. I mailed them but didn't get a reply. I called them and the dumb girl said she has no idea and she will get back to me in few mins. On phone.

She didnt. I miss her.

~*~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home