Wednesday, January 18, 2006

ennui

A phase comes into my life quite often during which I happen to see 10-15 movies in a very short span of time before I go into hibernation. Right now I am in one such phase. Interestingly, not a single Mithunda's movie and still all the movies turned out to be quite amazing! This happens so rarely. Atleast with me.

Most of these were pending movies which were on my list. So I tried to catch up with them.

First was Devrai. Both the Kulkarnis acted quite well.

Ab Tak Chappan - Loved Prasad Purandare's role. And the last 15 mins.

Hitchhiker's Guide To Galaxy - Funny. Quite unusual. I haven't read the book though.

Hazaaron Khwaaishein Aisi - Cant stop praising this movie. (Check out for the quawali too)

Matrubhoomi - ummm...Didn't quite live upto my expectations (One of the top ten movies in the world in 2005 - Time Magazine)!. Nice and different story anyway. Humor is used well even in the most serious situations.

Apaharan - Nothing extraordinary. Routine movie. But wasn't boring.

15 Park Avenue - WOWWWW .... Though the end leaves everybody in a confusion, it was quite interesting. Again a masterpiece by Aparna Sen who is now one of my favorite directors. You have to to see Konkana Sen's acting to believe it.  Outstanding!
Caution - This movie breaks in the category of 'good but too heavy' for most of the people.

The phase is still on and my hitlist is almost over... (Black Friday, Saher and Dombivali Fast still on the list). But as of now I will keep the heavy stuff aside and turn over to my good old Mithunda. I have ordered some 10-15 movies of Mithunda which I expect day after tomorrow. The list also includes Dev Anand's Mr. Prime Minister. It is highly recommended by my friends. I trust my friends and I know I wont be disappointed.

~*~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home