Friday, January 13, 2006

Hazaaron Khwaishein Aisi

After a long wait of (?)1 yr, I atlast saw Hazaaron Khwaishein Aisi. Movies tend to disappoint when your expectations are high. This one didn't. Probably one of the best movies made in India till date. I'd like to personally rate it in top 5.

I wont go into the story but the acting was awesome. I expected best from Kay Kay. He didn't disappoint. But the surprise packages were Chitrangda Singh (She is rightly termed as the next Smita Patil. I am already her fan) and Shiney Ahuja (who is just about passable in other films). Infact i liked the role of Shiney Ahuja the most.

The story itself is one of its kind. Though critically acclaimed, sadly a very underestimated movie. I am sure most of the people in India wouldn't even know its name. I had to bug my video library wala for 1 mon as he kept saying 'aisi koi movie hai hi nahi'.

~*~

ps - 'Apaharan' was good. Nothing more, nothing less. A typical Prakash Jha movie typically set in Bihar with a not so typical script. A typical caste with an additive effect of Nana Patekar as Tabrej Alam. Though sometime he lets himself loose, Nana indeed is effective. Ajay Devghan is ok.

ps2- Eagerly waiting to see 15 Park Avenue.

~*~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home