Thursday, October 12, 2006

Complex Movies

Here are the few movies which I saw over last fortnight. Interestingly, all of them happened to be very complex movies. Though I had hard time comprehending, I really enjoyed them!

Memento - I thought movies like Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind are the most complex of the movies. But this one beats them all. This one must probably be one of the most complex movies ever made. I'll probably watch the movie couple of times more. And its the second time I enjoy such movies the most. :D 

Hats off to the director for scripting and directing such a weird movie. And hats off to his imagination! And then there is this Matrix-babe Carrie-Anne Moss too. :P

Janghwa, Hongryeon
- Its a Korean movie, now available in English with the subtitles. It is named as A tale of two sisters. This one again fits into the category of complex movies. Thing is, everybody interprets this movie in his own way! Watch it for your very own version! Brilliantly directed, this movie is being remade in Hollywood. No mater what, it just wouldn't have the touch of the original. A MUST WATCH for a scary movie freak.

Chasing Amy - Currently I am a big fan of the director Kevin Smith. I have seen almost all of his movies, Clerks being one of them. Though mostly he direct comedies, his masterpiece is Chasing Amy, which though has some humor, is quite a sentimental movie. Probably the most absorbing movie on extreme human relationships I have ever seen. Though I am not sure how many of you will like this kind of a movie.

Few more movies which are a bit difficult to comprehend but are masterpieces - The Butterfly Effect, Pulp Fiction, Fight Club and Identity.
~*~

3 Comments:

Blogger Dr. Amit Rajput said...

ps - would you like to recommend any movie from this category?

12:11 PM  
Blogger shlok said...

among the movies you have discussed, I have only seen memento. It's definitely a master piece...

among emotional movies, one I had seen un-intentionally and found quite heart wrenching was - I am SAM. Maybe you've already seen it, if not try it out. I would personally avoid to see such a movie though... I cannot take well, very strong emotional movies...

11:58 PM  
Blogger shlok said...

also try - 'run lola run' ...

4:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home