Monday, February 05, 2007

Mar adentro

The Sea Inside (Mar adentro)

This must probably be one of the best movies I have ever seen till date! I saw it yesterday and I am still mesmerized. And the feeling will continue.

The story is sad but extremely well narrated. This subject of Euthanasia could not have been handled so well by any other director. A complicated element of love is added so beautifully to the sensitive issue!

I used to think that quality-wise (overall finishing of the movie), all the foreign language films are much below par than their Hollywood counterparts. Mar adentro proved me wrong. This one beats any of the Hollywood films in direction, script, acting, background music score. The best part is acting though. I haven't seen such a talented acting crew in any single movie. Lead actors are top notch, not a single character overacts, and even the side actors make you cry!

After watching it, I googled for it and came to know that it was awarded an Oscar for Best Film In Foreign Language Category 2005. A well deserved win.

I suddenly seemed to have developed a taste for Spanish films. Next on my list is Penelope Cruz starrer Volver. Will post my thoughts as soon as I watch it :)

~*~

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home